петък, февруари 09, 2007

Mountain Aires

So two weeks ago I went on the most amazing ski vacation and Im just now getting around to updating about it.

I went to a mountain chalet with my 8th graders as a chaperone. According to the PE teachers I was a "guard" which is a funny word for them to use because my classes are usually complete chaos. Now I was initialy dreading the trip because as I saw it, I was going to be locked in a mountain hut with 40 14 year olds. In addition I have what can best be described as animosity towards about 80% of my students, mainly for making my life a stressfull hell. In the day time we skied (I found out im actually very good at skiing), had snowball fights, played hours of Skip-Bo, Monopoly and cards, and goofed around. Then every evening I went and got completely drunk on home made wiskey with all other teachers in the true Bulgarian way. Anyways long story short, I had a great week rediscovering why im here, why was reminded exactly why I chose to join PC. I came back to earth and realized that my kids are just that: Kids. And most importantly I realized that I am really accomplishing things here, even if it doesnt always feel like that. By the eighth day everyone was physically exhausted and ready to come home. I am already looking forward to next year when im going with all my classes for 3 weeks.

Groups Photo
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A few of the little mountain terrors.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Bunny hill where I learned to ski, and fell quite a bit in the proccess.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beautifull Rila Mountain
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 7:44 сл.об., Anonymous Анонимен said...

when i read this i was like, "OOOOH! one coment. i bet its from mom, about i know what."
and sure enough there it was.
love you big guy.
bugger

 

Публикуване на коментар

<< Home